Corporate – Mergers & Acquisitions
Plesner is one of Denmark's leading specialists with respect to corporate M&A.
According to Mergermarket Plesner is the Danish law firm involved in most mergers and acquisitions in the period 2000-2012 and we have received top ratings by the most prominent, international rating agencies such as Chambers, The Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review 1000.
We have the expertise and capacity to handle any merger or acquisition and we assist in all stages of a transaction.
Clients and business partners
Our clients include large and medium-sized Danish and international companies, Danish and international investment banks, private equity funds and venture capital companies, Danish and foreign banks, financing companies and leasing companies as well as foreign law firms.
We have developed efficient cooperation models and during a transaction we are generally in close contact with accountants, investment bankers, management consultants, environmental consultants, insurance advisors, financial advisors and lawyers in other countries.
Our objective is always to ensure the optimum result for the client by providing proactive, cost-effective and value-adding advice.
Our extensive involvement in numerous, significant Danish and international transactions gives us unmatched expertise and comprehensive practical experience in respect of all aspects of a transaction, including:
- transactions in all lines of business and sectors
- investments, joint ventures, mergers, demergers and restructuring
- due diligence process management
Selected, recent transaction
- Montague Private Equity - sale of Unifeeder
- EQT - sale of BTX Group
- Advent International - acquisition of KMD
- Kirkbi - investment in ISS
- Nordic Capital - acquisition of Sportmaster
- AP Pension - merger with FSP Pension
- FIH Erhvervsbank - sale of assets to Finansiel Stabilitet
- SEAS-NVE - acquisition of Dansk Bredbånd
- Skagen Designs - sale to Fossil
- Marubeni Corporation and Teekay LNG Partners - acquisition of Maersk LNG
- Nycomed - sale to Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
|Attorneys within this practice area|
|Lernø, Finn J. |
|Frandsen, Tue Ravnholt|
|Laursen, Thomas Holst |
|Rasmussen, Jacob Ørskov|
|Christensen, Niklas Korsgaard |
|Hansen, Poul Flemming|
|Kjølbye, Christian Th.|
|Nielsen, Michael Vilhelm |
|Midtgaard, Jakob Schou |
|Lønberg, Henrik Rossing|
|Lansner, Gitte Dehn|
|Jensen, Nina Hee|
|Bertelsen, Michael Hur|
Chambers Europe (2013)
"This team receives glowing client feedback for its personal service, inventive approach, and strength on cross-border deals. It is involved in some of the country's highest-value transactions.
Sources say: 'All of the lawyers go above and beyond what is required.' 'They are everything you want in M&A lawyers: incredibly hard-working and diligent, knowledgeable about the law, practical and creative'."
IFLR 1000 (2013)
"It's been an impressive year for the tier one firm with an even split on both the buyer and seller side."