Corporate – Mergers & Acquisitions
Plesner is leading in Denmark with respect to corporate M&A. According to Mergermarket, Plesner is the Danish law firm involved in most mergers and acquisitions in the period 2004-2011 and we are top-rated by the most prominent, international rating publications such as Chambers, The Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review 1000.
We have the expertise and capacity to handle any transaction and we assist in all stages of a transaction.
Clients and cooperations
Our clients include large and medium-sized Danish and international corporates, Danish and international investment banks, private equity funds and venture capital entities, Danish and foreign banks, financing companies and leasing companies as well as foreign law firms.
We have developed efficient cooperation models and during a transaction process we are generally in close dialogue with accountants, investment bankers, management consultants, environmental consultants, insurance advisors, financial advisors and lawyers in other countries.
Our objective is always to ensure the optimal result for the client by providing proactive, cost-effective and value-adding advice.
We have acquired unique expertise and vast experience in all transaction aspects by virtue of being involved in numerous large Danish and international transactions, including:
- transactions in all lines of business and sectors
- investments, joint ventures, mergers, demergers and restructurings
- due diligence process management
Selected, recent transactions
- A.P. Møller-Mærsk – sale of Norfolk Line
- Beumer Group – acquisition of Crisplant
- EQT – investment in Skykon by way of expansion capital
- Nordea Bank – acquisition of Fionia Bank
- Post Danmark (the Danish postal service) – merger with Posten Sverige (the Swedish postal service)
- Post Danmark (the Danish postal service) – sale of shareholding in De Poste/La Poste
- Nordic Tankers – acquisition of a part of the Chemical Tanker Division of Clipper Group
- Telenor – acquisition of BiBoB
- Ingenico – sale of Sagem Denmark
- SEAS-NVE – acquisition of Roskilde Kommunes Elforsyning (the electricity supply of the Municipality of Roskilde)
- Debenhams – acquisition of Magasin du Nord
- Investor Growth Capital and Skandia Investment – sale of Swedish Orphan International
|Attorneys within this practice area|
|Lernø, Finn J. |
|Frandsen, Tue Ravnholt|
|Nørskov, Torben |
|Laursen, Thomas Holst |
|Christensen, Steen E. |
|Hansen, Poul Flemming|
|Kjølbye, Christian Th.|
|Nielsen, Michael Vilhelm |
|Midtgaard, Jakob Schou |
|Lønberg, Henrik Rossing|
|Christensen, Niklas Korsgaard |
|Kirk, Andreas Bernhard|
|Lansner, Gitte Dehn|
|Gram, Jonas Drachmann|
|Jensen, Nina Hee|
|Hansen, Søren Munk|
|Bertelsen, Michael Hur|
Chambers Europe (2013)
"This team receives glowing client feedback for its personal service, inventive approach, and strength on cross-border deals. It is involved in some of the country's highest-value transactions.
Sources say: 'All of the lawyers go above and beyond what is required.' 'They are everything you want in M&A lawyers: incredibly hard-working and diligent, knowledgeable about the law, practical and creative'."
Legal 500 (2012)
"Plesner's 'top-quality' team focuses on upper-end transactions."
IFLR 1000 (2012)
"The team at Plesner has a clear focus on private equity within the corporate space - though it also picks up its fair share of public mandates ... It's been an impressive year for the tier one firm with an even split on both the buyer and seller side."
PLC Which Lawyer? (2012)
Plesner is listed as a highly recommended firm with respect to Corporate Finance/M&A.