We provide advice on all legal aspects in relation to national and international building and construction projects and we have extensive knowledge of the building and construction business.
Our clients are leading Danish and international construction businesses, advisors involved in building and construction projects and private and public clients.
Our advisory services include:
- Danish tenders and tenders in accordance with European Community rules and international rules
- Construction contracts in accordance with Danish and international standards, including FIDIC, partnering and Public Private Partnership (PPP) contracts and project management agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Agreements with subcontractors and suppliers
- Advisory services during the term of the contract
- Advisory services regarding submission of claims, including Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), mediation, expert surveys and appraisals, and expert decisions in respect of draw downs from guarantees provided by the client and the contractor
- Other legal aspects of the contract, including corporate setup, taxes, VAT, environmental matters, technical supplies, etc.
|Attorneys within this practice area|
|Christensen, Niklas Korsgaard |
|Nielsen, Søren Vagner |
|Lundgaarde, Maygan Mike|
|Kjøller, Anne-Marie Sannemand|
|Overby Laursen, Trine|
For many years we have maintained and developed Plesner's central position as legal advisors on Danish and international building and construction projects.
We have provided advice in a number of large Danish infrastructure projects such as:
- The bridge between the two Danish islands Zealand and Funen (Storebæltsbroen)
- The Øresund tunnel
- The land works in connection with the Øresund Fixed Link
- The Copenhagen Metro
- The extension of the M3 motor ring road which runs through the Greater Copenhagen area
We have also provided advice on large building and rehabilitation projects such as:
- DR Byen (headquarters of one of the two Danish public television channels, DR)
- The Copenhagen Opera House
- The Danish National Archives
and with other major rehabilitation projects.
We also provide advice internationally and our assignments include, among other things, advice on the legal aspects in connection with the construction of ports, motorways, airports, waste water treatment plants and power stations in international construction in various countries such as Barbados, Ghana, Greenland, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Poland, Tanzania, Germany, Vietnam and Zambia.
Positions of trust
For many years our firm has been the secretariat for the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law. The members of the group hold positions of trust in a number of Danish and international societies in construction law and arbitration and we hold the position as chairman of the Danish Arbitration Association.
Legal 500 (2015)
"Within Real estate and construction, Plesner is a first tier firm."
Chambers Europe (2015)
"Impressive experience across real estate and noted excellence within transactions, financing and leasing. Formidable base of clients including international investors and pension funds, amongst others. Strong relationships with contractors, architects, engineers and developers within residential development and the construction industry.
'They provide comprehensive and high-quality advice at very short notice. It is a pleasure to prepare and run court cases with them.'"
IFLR 1000 (2015)
"'The Plesner team proved to be knowledgeable of both the law and our industry, was very responsive to our requests and has done an excellent job in supporting the acquisition'.
Others praise the high quality of the work of the team, citing its capability in corporate matters to be a particular highlight.
'They are all very skilled and committed lawyers with a great understanding of our business and the advice needed'
'They are all very pleasant to work with, and thus we can strongly recommend them all to anyone!'"